The following terms and conditions will apply to all bookings. We ask that you take a moment to read them prior to making a booking. Please pay attention to our deposit and cancellation policies as well as the other terms and conditions marked in bold in this document. In these terms and conditions, which apply to all bookings, the following words shall mean:
- “Agreement” means your booking confirmation read together with these Terms & Conditions;
- “Guest” means the person who will be accommodated at the Resort
- “Hotel” means ”The Imperial Hawaii Resort”
- “Terms & Conditions” means the terms and conditions of stay contained herein.
- Bookings must be made in advance. Quotations for accommodation will be based on availability as at the date and time of quoting.
- Guests will receive a booking confirmation, in writing, once the booking has been secured via payment of a deposit or presentation of a billing voucher (for all bookings made through a travel agent or tour operator.)
CHARGES, DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT
- Prices quoted by The Imperial Hawaii Resort are expressed inclusive on the Imperial Hawaii Resort’s broachers.
- All other charges incurred during a Guest’s stay may either be settled immediately or by debiting them to each room’s account, in which event such account shall be settled in full on departure upon presentation of an invoice.
- Bookings must be secured by payment of a percentage of the accommodation costs or by way of a billing voucher (for bookings made via tour agents). Payment may be made in cash or by credit card. We accept most major credit cards including American Express, MasterCard and Visa.
- Should a person fail to pay such deposit or present a billing voucher by the due date, the Hotel may treat the booking as having been cancelled without further notice.
CANCELLATIONS AND NON-ARRIVALS
- Cancellations to any bookings must be made in writing. The Guest shall be liable for and pay to The Imperial Hawaii Resort a cancellation fee, the amount as described by The Imperial Hawaii Resort at the time of booking confirmation.
- All rooms that have been confirmed will be held until 24h00 on the scheduled date of arrival at which time the Hotel may re-let the room without further notice, unless notified of a late arrival.
CHANGES TO BOOKINGS
- Changes to any bookings must be made in writing. No amendments are guaranteed until written confirmation is provided to The Imperial Hawaii Resort. Rate variations may apply, depending on the nature of the change.
CHECK IN & CHECK OUT POLICIES
- Check In: 16:00 Hrs • Check Out: 11:00 Hrs • Requests for early check-in & late check-out will be handled based on hotel availability at the time of check-in (an additional fee is payable for guaranteed late check-out).
- The Imperial Hawaii Resort can accommodate guest luggage complimentary in a secure location until the guest room is ready.
- Exceeding check-out times without notifying the front desk in advance can result in extra charges, including, but not limited to, late check-out fees and/or an extra night’s charges being applied to your bill.
DAMAGE TO OR REMOVAL OF HOTEL PROPERTY
- Guests will be responsible for any damage caused to the room or any furnishings, fittings and equipment therein by any act or omission of the Guest, his/her invitees, subcontractors or guests. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, the resort reserves the right to make a charge to the Guest’s credit or debit card.
- The Imperial Hawaii Resort reserves the right to charge Guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the Resort by them without consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item.
- The Imperial Hawaii Resort reserves the right to take action against any Guest found to have tampered / interfered with any fire detection equipment throughout the Resort, including detector heads in public areas and bedrooms, break glass points and fire extinguishers. Guests found to have tampered with any fire detection or firefighting equipment will be charged with any costs incurred by the Resort due to their actions and additionally may be asked to leave the Resort. Should the fact that firefighting or detection equipment had been tampered with come to light after the guests has departed The Imperial Hawaii Resort reserves the right to make a charge to the Guest’s credit or debit card.
- If the Resort staff finds any personal effects, goods left behind by a Guest or any other lost property, The Imperial Hawaii Resort will retain such items and if an item is not reclaimed with the 3 months of the Guest’s departure it will be disposed of by the Resort at its discretion.
- The Imperial Hawaii Resort reserves the right to judge acceptable levels of noise or behavior of the Guest or invitees of the Guest who must take all steps necessary for corrective action as requested by the Resort. In the event of failure to comply with management’s request, the Resort may terminate a booking or function immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation.
- It is the policy of the Resort not to discriminate on the grounds of race, color, nationality, sex, marital status, age, ethnic origin or disability and as a responsible host we believe that we have a duty to our guests to protect them from inappropriate behavior. The Guest, his/her employees, guests and sub-contractors engaged by or on behalf of the Guest are expected to adhere to this policy and the Resort may, without incurring any liability to the Guest, immediately remove from the Hotel any person(s) offending against this policy. Should any actions by a Guest be deemed inappropriate by the Duty Manager, or if any inappropriate behavior is brought to the attention of the Duty Manager, the Resort reserves the right, after any allegations have been investigated, to take action against the Guest.
AVAILABILITY AND USE OF FACILITIES AND OUTSIDE SERVICES
- The Imperial Hawaii Resort will do its best to ensure that all facilities listed at the Hotel will be available during your stay. However, we cannot guarantee that they will be available as maintenance and other work may be necessary from time to time.
- Prior consent of the Resort must be received for any entertainment, beauty or other services contracted by the Guest outside of the Resort. The Resort may refuse or grant its consent at its absolute discretion without being liable to the Guest for such decision.
- The Guest, if engaging the services of persons outside the employ of the Resort, shall indemnify the Resort against any loss of or damage to property or death or illness of or injury to any person(s) and against all claims, demands, proceedings and damages arising as a result thereto. • The Resort may in its absolute discretion refuse access to any third party service provider in appropriate circumstances.
- Pets are not allowed.
NO SMOKING POLICY
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in all rooms and suites or public areas of the hotel including elevators, corridors, lounge, lobby and the breakfast area.
- Smoking is permitted in designated areas only.
- For the convenience of our guests, we offer Valet Parking only.
- A valid credit card guarantee, deposit or pre-payment may be required at the time of booking.
- Most Major credit cards are accepted including MasterCard, Visa, and American Express credit cards are accepted as a guarantee.
- Please take note that at certain times during the year the Resort may host functions and events which may be considered a disturbance or an intrusion during a Guest’s stay. Please contact the Hotel should you require further information.
- All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from this Agreement.
- The Resort shall have no liability to the Guest and/or the Guest’s invitees, visitors, employees, sub-contractors or invitees for any special, indirect, consequential loss or damage. The Imperial Hawaii Resort’s total liability shall, wherever permitted by law, be limited to the value of this Agreement.
- The Guest shall indemnify the Resort against any/all liability and any claims, proceedings or damages resulting or arising from or by the booking, function, the Guest, his/her invitees, visitors or any service provider engaged by the Guest.
- Guests are encouraged to lock their rooms at all times unattended. Guests should take note that the Resort does not accept responsibility whatsoever for theft from the Resort premises or from rooms in the Resort. The Guest is advised to have and is responsible for insurance to cover loss of baggage, personal effects and money.
- The Guest shall be responsible for any damage caused to the rooms, furnishings, utensils and equipment therein caused by or attributable to any act, omission, default or neglect of the Guest, his/her invitees, visitors or service providers engaged by the Resort and will pay to the Resort on demand the amount required to make good or remedy any such damage. For the purpose of this clause, acts or omissions of the guests, invitees, employees and/or subcontractors shall be deemed acts of the Guest.
- The Imperial Hawaii resort shall not be in breach of this Agreement if it does not provide the services under this Agreement, and it shall be entitled to cancel a booking if it is no longer able to provide the accommodation, due to one or more of the following circumstances: o any part of the Hotel is closed due to fire, alteration or redecoration by order of any public authority or any reason beyond the Resort’s control; o there is a failure to supply the Hotel with gas, electricity or water outside of the Hotel’s control; o the Hotel is unable to fulfill the booking as a result of industrial action by its staff or one of its suppliers; o fire, lightning, explosion, riot or civil commotion, malicious damage, storm, tempest, flood, burst pipes, earthquakes, or impact resulting in the Hotel being unable to provide the booked facilities; of the Resort or any part thereof is designated for alternate use.
- If any one of the events above occurs The Imperial Hawaii Resort will do its best to avoid any inconvenience and will return any payments made.
CANCELLATION BY RESORT
- The Resort shall be entitled to cancel any booking immediately if a Guest is in arrears with payment to the Resort, or if a Guest becomes insolvent or has an administrator appointed over his/her affairs, or if Guest breaches any of the other of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Imperial Hawaii Resort reserves the right to deduct any sums owed to it by the Guest and the exercise of such right shall be without prejudice to any other rights which the Hotel may have in terms of this Agreement or in law.
- The Agreement will be construed in accordance with Hawaii law.
- Any notice or invoice hereunder shall be duly served on either party if delivered to their last known address.
- No variation of this Agreement shall be valid unless it is in writing and signed by, or on behalf of, each of the parties.
- Failure to exercise, or any delay in exercising, any right or remedy provided under this Agreement by law to The Imperial Hawaii Resort shall not constitute a waiver of that (or any other) right or remedy, nor shall it precluded or restrict any further exercise of that (or nay other) right or remedy. In the event that a Guest has a complaint during his/her stay at the Hotel, he/she must bring it to the attention of Resort management as soon as possible to allow the Resort the opportunity to address the issue during your stay.